A Modern Approach to Learning
Despite Tanzania’s commendable efforts to increase education funding to provide primary schooling for all, the country's quality of education remains among the lowest in Africa.
Some of the reasons for this are inadequate teacher training and learning materials, and the use of decades-old methods focused on rural life skills and passive learning. Instead, Precious' ICT program encourages creativity, independent learning, and critical thinking in areas such as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math).
A Multi-faceted Approach
- Integrating EDTECH in the classrooms combines active digital learning with traditional teaching. This is called 'blended learning'*1
- Implementing technology that is easy and intuitive for children to use, not dependent on reliable electricity or the Internet, and simple to maintain
- Deploying the technology in phases, collaborating with teachers in the selection, use and evaluation of courseware for each class
- Monitoring and benchmarking student performance and development.
- Ongoing teacher training in use of EDTECH and blended learning